WHO WE ARE
A small media enterprise operated by independent journalists
WHAT WE DO
- PROVIDE podcast production services to help support our Deep End Investigative Journalism initiative and build a sustainable operation
- CREATE meaningful work that adds value to the media landscape dominated by the quick-hit daily news cycle
- REPORT engaging, data-driven narrative stories that unpack public policy outcomes, shortcomings and solutions
- FEATURE original work on our own podcast and through media partners
OUR CORE VALUES
- Long-form podcasts are our essential medium to tell underreported stories
- Meet the need in our home state for a thorough public policy storytelling podcast that is well-researched, thoughtful and conversational
- Thrive as a small independent enterprise within the ever-consolidating media landscape and help fill coverage gaps with our content
WHERE WE REPORT
Pennsylvania is our home state and where our work is primarily based. Lack of transparency and integrity are perennial problems in the Commonwealth, which think tanks, academic institutions and journalists have consistently documented.
In many ways, Pennsylvania is a state that tells America’s story, as we demonstrated with the award-winning public media podcast Grapple produced with our colleagues on a statewide public media collaboration called Keystone Crossroads. The series explored economic distress throughout the Commonwealth, its manufacturing past and attempts at reinvention through higher-ed, tech and medicine.
The state has also been the focal point of the fracking wars. And it’s home to the largest rural population after Texas and North Carolina, as well as urban centers — including Philadelphia, America’s poorest major city where nearly 25% of the population lives in poverty.
Given Pennsylvania’s national significance as a longtime swing state and its chronic struggles with public corruption, we believe our work will benefit listeners in our state and beyond.
HOW TO STAY IN TOUCH
We don’t want to be in your inbox daily or even every week. Monthly seems right. If that works for you, then we hope you’ll subscribe to our monthly newsletter featuring reporting updates and insights and analysis on key issues—including our own—as well as from our partners and trusted colleagues.
CONNECT WITH US
Contact us and we’ll do our best to get back to you promptly.