In order to make a new blog post and add it to the home page, follow these steps:
Creating a new blog post:
- Log into the dashboard: https://www.kouvendamedia.com/wp-admin/
- Go to “Posts/Add New” in the left column or “New/Post” at the top of the page.
- Add the title, for instance: Reflections January 2019
- Type or paste text tot he paragraph block below.
- To add links to text:
- Click inside any block,
- Highlight the word or words you wish to link,
- Mouse over and click the link icon, and…
- Add the target URL as indicated.
- Click “Apply” icon.
- To add a “Featured Image,” which will be visible on the “News” page of indexed posts:
- Click “Document” in the right column — if it is not already open, as indicated by underline. (vs. Block)
- (If you don’t see a right column in the dashboard, widen your browser window or zoom out.)
- Click the down arrow to open the Featured Image window.
- Click “Set Featured Image.”
- Follow prompts to upload an image or select one from your media library.
- Click “Replace Image.”
- Click “Publish” to go live and then click “View Post” to confirm.
Pasting the latest blog post into the home page:
- Click “Pages” or “All Pages” in the left column.
- Mouse over the one labeled “Front Page” and click “Edit.”
- Scroll down to “Reflections,” mouse over the text below and delete.
- Mouse over the spacer just below and then click the “+” sign to create a new “Paragraph” block between “Reflections” and the spacer.
- Click inside the new paragraph block to get the blinking cursor and paste the copy from the blog post.
- Click “Update” and and then “View Page” to confirm.
- That’s it!